Healthy You – our commitment to website accessibility
We are committed to making our website as accessible as possible. We will test it for accessibility every 3 months.
We want everyone to be able to us use it, no matter what their impairments and which technologies they use.
We have created the site taking best practice web accessibility guidelines into account, including WCAG 2.0, WCAG 2.1 and BS 8878.
Adapting to your needs
We have made the site as usable as we can, but you might have a better experience if you change the settings on your computer to suit your individual needs.
For example, you might change the site’s colours, increase the text size, or have the site spoken aloud.
If you want help customising your experience using accessibility features already on your computer, or help installing extra assistive technologies, we suggest these sites:
- AbilityNet’s My Computer, My way
- The Web Accessibility Initiative’s Better Web Browsing: Tips for Customising your Computer
Known problems with this site’s accessibility
We know that there are some accessibility problems with this site, and we will work to fix them if we can. These include:
- Some websites we link to may not have been tested for their accessibility
- Some of our older PDF documents may not work correctly with screen readers – we will be replacing these.
- captions are available on videos; however, they are autogenerated by YouTube and may not be completely accurate
If any of these issues stops you getting the information or service you need from our site, please contact us and we will be happy to help you.
We are always looking to improve the accessibility of our site, so if you find anything on the site difficult to use please let us know using this form.
To help us understand the problem as quickly as we can, please tell us:
- the web address or title of the page where you found a problem
- what the problem is
- what computer and software you use.
All constructive feedback about the accessibility or usability of our site is welcome and we promise to consider it carefully.
This accessibility statement was last updated in July 2020 and follows the advice on accessibility statements in British Standard BS 8878.