We can offer training for professionals plus a range of resources accessible from this page, all designed to support learners to develop an understanding of public health and how having healthy conversations is everyone’s role.
Making Every Contact Count (MECC)
MECC Healthy Conversations is an approach that is used in millions of day to day interactions that organisations and individuals have with people, to support them in making positive changes, to both their physical and mental health and wellbeing.
Rather than telling people what to do, Making Every Contact Count is about recognising opportunities to talk to people about their wellbeing using the skills of asking and listening.
Stop Smoking Practitioner Training
Our Brief Intervention and Stop Smoking Practitioner training is open to all healthcare professionals, and those who wish to offer support to stop smoking within their organisation or make stop smoking referrals.
Mental Health First Aid
This course qualifies you as a Mental Health First Aider, providing you with:
- An in depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s self-help resources, through their employer, the NHS, or a mix.
If you work with clients, patients, customers, residents or tenants who
could benefit from some help around their alcohol intake, this short zoom training session may be for you and your team.
IBA Training Leaflet
The aim of this training is to enable participants to raise and respond
to alcohol issues with clients through identification and brief advice
(IBA) and make referrals depending on Audit – C score competently,
confidently, and appropriately.
For all enquiries or to book onto any course please contact