Healthy You Adult Weight Management service is currently not able to provide any weight loss drugs as part of the services provided, we will keep referrers and service users updated on changes to this via the website.
Would you like to lose weight?
Maintaining a healthy weight is so important for both your physical and mental health. Studies consistently show that staying at a healthy weight is associated with living a longer life and decreases your chance of developing serious medical conditions such as type 2 diabetes, coronary heart disease and certain cancers, including breast and bowel.
We know that losing weight is down to a healthy diet and regular exercise, however it can be difficult to know where to start. This is why we have designed a 12-week programme to provide you with the necessary tools, guidance and support so you can make sustainable changes and achieve your weight-loss goals.
How we can help you to lose weight
Healthy You’s FREE Adult Weight Management service is a comprehensive 12-week virtual, digital OR face-to-face programme which combines nutrition workshops and physical activity sessions delivered by our expert (and very friendly!) team of health professionals, including our registered Nutritionists and trained Physical Activity Specialists, who are here to guide you every step of the way.
With our virtual and face-to-face programmes proving to be a huge success, we have now introduced an entirely digital programme for those who have limited availability during the week and want to kickstart their weight-loss journey from the comfort of their own home.
The digital programme lasts for a duration of 12-weeks and consists of e-newsletters that will be emailed directly to you on a weekly basis. Within the e-newsletters, you will find links to pre-recorded nutrition and physical activity sessions, accessible to view via YouTube, as well as links to additional online resources developed to support you on your weight-loss journey.
To view the full list of Adult Weight Management clinics and find the one nearest to you, please click here.
Or, you could succeed with one of our partners!
As proud partners of Slimming World and Weight Watchers, we can offer FREE 12-week access to join one of your local groups as an alternative option to our own programmes.
*To be eligible to access Slimming World or Weight Watchers, you cannot have been a paying member of either groups for the 12 weeks prior to the point of referral.
Who can lose weight with us
- Anyone aged 16+ who lives in Cambridgeshire or Peterborough
- Or registered with a GP in Cambridgeshire or Peterborough
- Your BMI needs to be equal or greater than 25
- If you are from a South Asian, Chinese, other Asian, Middle Eastern, Black African or African-Caribbean family background your BMI needs to be above 23
How to sign-up
If you would like to discuss your eligibility or talk to a member of our team about the service, please contact us on 0333 005 0093 or text ‘healthyu’ to 60777. There are no charges to call or text.
Alternatively, you can fill out the sign up form here and a member of our team will be in touch.
- Activity Timetable for AWM service users
- Adult Weight Management Clinics 2023
- African and Caribbean Eatwell Guide
- Apple Pie Porridge Recipe
- Banana and Apricot Bagel Recipe
- Banana Bread in a Mug Recipe
- Beans on Toast Recipe
- Carrot and Houmous Roll Up Recipe
- Chicken Tikka Pitta Pizza and Salad Recipe
- Chunky Vegetable Soup Recipe
- Dippy Egg and Soldiers Recipe
- Eatwell Guide
- Fajitas Recipe
- Fruit Smoothie Recipe
- Get Portion Wise
- Granola with Fruit and Yoghurt Recipe
- Healthy You Vitamin and Mineral Guide
- Healthy You Weight Management Leaflet
- Mental Health and Adult Weight Management
- Omelette Recipe
- Peanut Butter and Banana on Toast Recipe
- Peanut Butter and Jam Sandwich
- Peanut Butter and Sliced Banana on Toast
- Quick Heart-Healthy Salad Recipe
- Salmon and Sweet Potato Traybake
- Scrambled Eggs on Toast
- Simple Spaghetti Bolognaise
- Sliced Apple with Peanut Butter Dip
- Smoked Salmon and Cucumber Wraps
- South Asian Eatwell Guide
- Switch and Swap Pie Recipe
- Tuna and Baked Bean Jacket Potato
- Vegan Eatwell Guide
- Vegetarian Mediterranean Pasta