Love your lungs week is celebrated from the 21st to the 27th June and is used to raise awareness about the health of our lungs and what can be done to keep them as healthy as possible and avoid damaging them.
One of the ways in which you can show you lungs some love is by improving the air that you breathe in. Whilst it’s difficult to do much about the air outside, there are small changes that you can make to improve the air you breathe in your homes.
- Keep rooms aired out – Regularly open your windows for 5-10 minutes, especially when cooking or showering to keep the airflow moving.
- Regularly vacuum – It’s a good idea to vacuum weekly to remove dust and dirt particles, especially if you or anyone you are living with has allergies.
- Keep your home warm – keep the temperature of your home between 18 °C and 21 °C to prevent any damp or condensation.
- Have a smoke-free house – do not smoke, or allow others to smoke inside your house. Smoking is one of the biggest causes of lung cancer and is responsible for more than 7 out of 10 cases*. We can help you reduce your risk of lung cancer and quit smoking for good. Call us on 0333 005 0093.
- Use products that are chemical free – products that do not contain harmful chemicals and are allergy friendly are the best to avoid indoor air pollution.
Exercise and making an effort to be healthy can also improve the health of your lungs and help you to breathe easier. Doing exercises such as running, walking and other aerobic activities can effectively work your lungs and make them stronger. If you would like FREE support and advice on how to lead a healthier lifestyle give us a call on 0333 005 0093.